Lately I’ve been thinking about the good and bad things about leaving Norman, and the US in general.
Cons–despite the obvious, missing family, friends, Danny and Killer–here’s a few I’ve been thinking about:
- running races!–other than a marathon in Luxor and I think a 1/2 on the Sinai peninsula, there aren’t ANY small races to do!
- Running outside in general–there may be issues of ability, pollution, safety (keeping my fingers crossed on this one)
- driving. A con because I’ll have to depend on the bus and taxis (also a pro, see below)
- being able to drink straight from the tap
- availability of peanut butter
Pros–despite the obvious awesomeness of Egypt and a cool job
- NO torrential down-pours of rain (although the sandstorm is a force to be reckoned with…)
- NO snow storms to knock out power!
- NO humidity!!!!
- lots of food full of protein–lentils, lean meat, Halal beef (yum yum yum!!), eggs, cheese, fresh produce.
- No driving! No more stupid people to put up with in traffic. Now all I have to do is say a prayer before getting in to a bus or taxi, or before crossing the street and hope I don’t get hit.
Surely there are many more things to miss/be thankful for, but given today’s weather and other events, these are the ones I’ve been thinking of. Any more?